To understand how the deep sleep is important, we must know the 4 stages through which the dream passes.
The importance of deep sleep
- Step 1 : this is the stage that occurs right after we fall asleep. At this point, we enter the non-rapid eye movement (NREM) dream. which is divided into three stages, NREM1, NREM2 and NREM3
- Step 2 : is the stage where light sleep begins. At this stage of sleep, the body easily wakes up due to noise or other disturbances.
- Step 3 : this is the most important step that we wanted to reach and highlight. This is the stage of deep sleep , where it will be more difficult for us to wake up and where some may feel disoriented and dizzy if they wake up at this stage. of sleep, because the body remained literally disconnected from the external environment.
- Stade 4: stage known as REM sleep, where the body has reached its maximum stage of sleep, thus completing the famous " deep sleep ".
During Stages 1 and 2, we are increasingly disconnected from the world until we reach the deep sleep that occurs in Stage 3. In deep sleep, brain activity and the body drops to its lowest point during the cycle and blood is redirected from the brain to the muscles. Our brain also becomes active in REM sleep, even more so than when we are awake, as this is the stage when dreams occur.
During a full night's sleep, we experience three or four, each lasting 60 to 90 minutes.
Now that we understand the stages of sleep, let's discuss the concept and importance of deep sleep , which is only one of the steps in the sleep period process. It is considered a pattern controlled by the rhythm of the Cycardian or biological clock, regulated both by the brain and by certain processes indicating when the organism should rest. the deep sleep is considered "a mysterious state".
The importance of a deep sleep in the beneficial role it plays for our body; It can maintain the health of your body by stimulating its growth, it also strengthens the immune system and repairs muscle tissue. In a few words, the body repairs and restores the energy needed for the next day.
Le deep sleep has psychological benefits: to quickly reduce the need for sleep, this stage of sleep is a refreshing part unless it wakes up, in which case you will feel lethargic and may experience "drunken sleeping", "during which It's not safe to drive.
Unfortunately, access to deep sleep is vulnerable to external effects that influence emotions and our biological cycle, such as stress, sleep disturbances, aging, and medication use. The lack of a deep sleep adequate leads to factors that contribute to the daily deterioration of health.
Have a deep sleep night after night is essential to maintain a healthy life full of energy, due to the multiple benefits offered by the deep sleep. It is therefore essential to develop a transition plan or a routine before the rest period. Simple routines that will serve as sleeping tips; turn off the phone, meditate, do a little exercise or stretch one hour before bedtime, check that there is no disturbing light nearby that may disturb the corresponding deep sleep, adopt a corresponding posture, change the time to another the mattress and the pillow.
Exercising regularly is a great way to learn sleep well more quickly and better . It is important to end your session at least three hours before bedtime. otherwise, you may have difficulty falling asleep due to hormones released during exercise, which can make you wide awake for most of the night, disrupting your deep sleep.
We must keep in mind that a healthy way to ensure a deep sleep is to disconnect the technology about thirty minutes before bedtime, which means that your computer, your phone and even the e-reader must be turned off overnight. Many experts suggest these types of sleeping tips, which prevent technology to fully enter your room. But if you have devices in your bedroom, be sure to turn off your computer and phone before it's time to rest, as they emit radiation that disrupts sleep.
Best remedies for insomnia
Insomnia is a very common sleep disorder that affects approximately one third of the adult population worldwide. This is more present in women, but sleep quality often decreases equally in women and men as we age. There is a wide variety of elements or factors that cause insomnia, such as: stress, anxiety, extreme temperatures, noise, side effects of medications, depression among many others, usually causing in most cases the consumption of sleep remedies. It all depends on the lifestyle of the person.
Insomnia can have different effects, worse than exhaustion the next day. If you suffer from excessive sleepiness, it may affect your general health; lowering your immune system, making it harder for your body to fight off common infections and illnesses. Generation of mood changes such as irritability, depression and anxiety. Studies have confirmed that the lack of deep sleep leads to weight gain; increased risk of heart disease, hypertension and type 2 diabetes; and even a shorter life expectancy.
There are different remedies for insomnia that will help to dispel the doubt about how to sleep better. We usually use home remedies to remedy sleep loss, as these are the ones that have the greatest ability and effectiveness in activating the sleep regulating hormone.
Sleep properly with the best habits and remedies for insomnia
- Valerian is the most popular remedy for insomnia, as it is scientifically proven that consuming it before rest is the best way to guarantee and learn to sleep deeply , while helping to have a lot of energy during the day. To consume in the morning
- Many times the lack of vitamins leads to loss of sleep, so it is advisable to consume foods or pills rich in vitamins, proteins and minerals. Calcium and magnesium combined are much more effective for you help identify a method to sleep well . The recommended dose is 150 mg of magnesium and 500 mg of calcium per day (recommended consumption before bedtime).
- A cup of hot milk with honey and cinnamon powder is a technique widely used as remedy for insomnia , because the combination of these ingredients allows the body to relax, because these mixed ingredients give way to an amino acid that regulates the hormone melatonin. who is responsible for sleep.
- People who drink beer are guaranteed a night's rest deep sleep because they contain hops, this flower is used alone to relieve stress and insomnia, always taking into account that excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages is harmful to health. health. In this case, excessive beer consumption can contribute to sleep loss.
- Consuming a cup of chamomile is very common among people because it provides many benefits, it serves as a muscle relaxant that will allow you to sleep well All night long.
- Studies have shown that there are aromas and smells (preferably natural) that provide benefits to our senses, as they activate different hormones that allow better concentration and relaxation, thus serving as a remedy against insomnia .
- The consumption of green tea is also widely used to learn the technique how to sleep better during heavy nights, as being a measure of staying healthy, because it has an amino acid that helps to have a state of calm during the day, helping to love to sleep
Tips for a good sleep
During the day, we go through a series of circumstances that affect our nights rest. To avoid this, there are several Tricks to sleep and ensure a good night's sleep:
- take a hot bath
- Try to go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning, even on weekends.
- If you have trouble sleeping very often, one way to sleep is to exercise a lot during the day, people who are physically active sleep soundly through the night, plus you expend a lot of energy during sleep. easier day will be sleep
- Cutting out caffeine and alcohol, especially at night, is a great sleep advice.
- Learn and regularly use a relaxation technique. Breathing exercises, meditation and yoga are good examples to ensure better sleep without the need sleep remedies.
- It is customary to get into the habit of taking a nap during the day for no more than 10 to 20 minutes, preferably in a quiet place, and protected from light by a sleep mask, excessive rest during the day that can lead to loss of sleep.
- Valerian and melatonin are the two best remedies for sleeping the best way all night. Valerian is a sedative herb that has been used for centuries to cure insomnia. You can find standardized extracts in health food stores and pharmacies. If your desire is to learn how to sleep before you rest, you will be assured of it.
- An excellent sleep advice is to practice daily breathing exercises and the way we breathe serves as a relaxant at bedtime.
The best way to sleep well
How to sleep well is one of the main questions we ask ourselves, sleeping well is essential for our body and mind, since it is in this moment of rest that we prepare and recover in the best possible way to face the next day in the best possible way . possible, it is also important to prepare well before going to bed, so some tips will be given on how well sleep the night.
It is very important to create a daily routine that makes it easier to carry out your activities during the day, because the best trick is to know how to manage things in the best way, so that there is no wear and tear or effort. at the end of the day.
Taking a relaxing walk or practicing meditation exercises during the day helps to achieve a degree of relaxation that, at bedtime, will give you adequate sleep. It is also advisable to use relaxation as part of your usual nighttime routine.
To be able to rest without needing about sleeping, we need to be steady and relaxed. It is therefore advisable to spend time outdoors as often as possible to expose yourself to bright and natural light. It is an excellent way to release the tensions which, at nightfall, will make you notice it's a great habit that will help you learn to sleep better .
Avoid drinking a lot of liquids before sleeping, because it will bother you: you will constantly spend it in the bathroom, disturbing your deep sleep.
There are different foods that will serve as your sleeping tablets, but the best is to consume foods rich in protein, because these proteins contain L-tryptophan, necessary for the production of melatonin (sleep hormone).
One of the recommendations for learning how to sleep well is to get rid of activities that generate some kind of mental effort a few hours before going to bed, because if our mind is less busy it will be much easier for our body to relax, solve the mystery of way to sleep soundly.
The most common reason that drives us to consume remedies for insomnia is that our mind is very accelerated at night, which leads us to think that we have many thoughts that prevent us from sleeping well. One method to avoid this is to write the ideas on a diary or plan the next day's activities, because this way your mind will feel busy and, at the same time, will release tensions and ideas.
One of the tips for learning how to sleep well is to assess the state of the room before sleeping so that no external factor interrupts the deep sleep cycle.
Tips for sleeping well
To learn to sleep better, we must take into account all the elements likely to interrupt the deep sleep of a person, be it excessive work, stress, setbacks, illness.
Every day we are faced with different factors that are difficult to control or avoid.
Habits that help you sleep better
- Set a fixed time for going to bed and getting up in the morning. Always taking into account the importance of respecting the sleep cycle and the waking state of your body to sleep well
- If when it's time to rest, you don't sleep within 20 minutes, leave your bedroom and do something relaxing. Read or listen to soft music. Go back to bed when you are tired. Repeat this process if necessary.
- Don't go to bed hungry or drunk. It is essential to avoid heavy or fatty foods a few hours before bedtime.
- Creating an ideal sleeping environment is a key factor in achieving a deep sleep, that's why it is necessary to properly condition the room, which means cold, dark and quiet. Exposure to light can make it harder to sleep
- Avoid prolonged use of luminescent screens just before bedtime, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc. Consider using room-darkening shades, earplugs, a fan, or other devices to create an environment that suits your needs. These simple tips will guarantee you a great night's sleep.