To play the Crazy 8, you need :
- A deck of 52 cards
- Minimum 2 players / Maximum 5 players
- You can add another deck of 52 cards according to your number.
Distribution of special cards on the Crazy 8 :
- The 8 allow you to change colour at any time.
- Jokers draw + 4 cards to the next player.
- The Jacks blow the next player's turn.
- Aces change the direction of the game.
- The 2 make the next player draw + 2 cards.
Start a game of Crazy 8:
To start, a dealer deals each player 7 cards face down. The rest of the cards are used as a draw pile. Once the deal is made, the dealer turns over the first card from the deck and places it next to it. If it is a special card, another one is drawn.
The player to the left of the dealer then starts playing. He can cover the card from the deck with either a card of the same suit, value or play a special card. In case the player cannot play, he must draw a card from the deck. If it is playable, he can put it down, otherwise he passes his turn keeping the card in his deck. The player to his left can then play his turn and so on.
Example: The card is a 3 of hearts: The player can either put down any heart card, any 3 or play a special card such as an 8 for example.
When a player has only one card left in their hand, they must call out "Card" to warn the other players. If he forgets to do this and a player notices, he will have to draw 2 cards.
First player to get rid of all his cards wins. A count is then made on the cards of the remaining players.
If the draw pile is exhausted, only the first exposed card is kept and the pile is shuffled so that you can draw from it.
Counting points on the Crazy 8 :
- Normal cards 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3: Their own numeral value
- King or Queen : 10 points
- Jack, AS, 2: 20 points
- 8 and Joker: 50 points
The game ends when the first player reaches 500 points. The player with the least points wins the game.