To play at Poker you need:
- Chips of different values for each player to bet on.
- A 52-card deck.
- Be at least 2 players
Organization of a game of Poker :
To begin, you must designate a donorIn order to distinguish it from the others, the button must be placed on the table next to that player. The dealer is in charge of dealing the cards. Each round, the dealer changes clockwise.
The two players to the left of the dealer are called the small armour and big blind. These two players are obliged to wager a set amount of money between the players before dealing cards.
The players who are small blind and big blind change at the same time as the dealer, i.e. every round.
The amounts bet for the small blind and the big blind increase during the course of the game. For example, players can agree to increase their bets every half hour.
Example: Depending on the value you give for each chip, you can start with 5 and 10 for the small and big blind, then after half an hour, move on to 10 and 20.
Beginning of a game of Poker :
The dealer deals each player two cards, one at a time.
The first round of betting starts with the player immediately to the left of the big blind. This player, depending on the cards in his hand, may :
- Going to bed. He then discards his cards and withdraws permanently from the game.
- Follow the big blindThe dealer puts the same amount of money in the pot as the big blind.
- Relaunch. He then bets a higher amount than the big blind.
Once the first player has made his decision, it is the turn of the player to his left and so on. The small blind and the big blind can either line up with the other players' bets or raise. If there is a raise, a second round of betting takes place.
When the first round of betting is completed, three cards are turned over to the center of the table by the dealer. These cards are called The Flop.
Namely: the dealer must "burn" a card each time he has to put cards down, i.e. he does not keep the first card from the stock.
The second round of betting starts with the player to the left of the dealer. In this new round each player has the opportunity to say :
- CheckIf a player has a check, the player can check, i.e. he does not bet any extra money in the pot. He can only cheat if the previous players have not bet on the pot either.
- Bet: Decide to put any amount he wants into the pot.
- Relaunch:This means betting a larger amount if a player has already bet.
- Follow: if a player has already bet, you even that bet in the pot.
- Fold: He then discards his cards and leaves the game for good.
When the second betting round is over, a fourth community card is turned over to the center of the table. This card is called The Turn.
The third round of betting can begin as the previous one.
When this round is over, a fifth common card called the the River returned to the center of the table. Once the players have finished betting, those still in the race (i.e. players who have not folded) show their cards. The player with the most important combination of cards wins the round, and then wins the whole pot.
A second round can then begin.
Card combinations in Poker :
The player who wins a round of au Poker is the player with the highest combination of cards and/or the five cards face down on the table.
Here are the details of the combinations Poker from the smallest to the largest:
- THE PAIR: If you have two identical cards.
WARNING: If two players finish a round with a pair each, the player with the highest card wins the pot.
Example: Between a pair of 6s and a pair of kings, the one with the pair of kings wins.
- THE DOUBLE PAIR If you have two pairs of cards.
- THREE OF A KIND : You own a three of a kind, if you have three identical cards.
- STRAIGHT: You own a straight, if five cards of different suits follow each other.
- THE FLUSH: You own a suit if you have, with your hand and the five cards on the table, five cards of the same suit. That is, five diamonds, five hearts, five spades or five clubs.
- FULL HOUSE : You have 3 identical cards and a pair.
- FOUR OF A KIND : You have 4 identical cards.
- STRAIGHT FLUSH You have this combination as long as you have five cards in a row (THE CONTINUE) that are of the same suit (THE COLOR).
- ROYAL FLUSH This combination is the strongest you can have. To have a Royal Flush, you need the five highest cards in a row, i.e. Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10, and that five cards are of the same suit.
How to win a game of Poker :
The winner of a game of Poker is the one who at the end will have collected all the chips of all the other players.