See my theme now
Understanding the world around us, its manifestations, its subtleties and its flashes has always been part of the objectives of human life. For thousands of years, numerology has been used to guide us and help us understand the meaning of things on the earthly but also spiritual level. Each letter of your name and each number of your date of birth is a valuable clue that will help you become fully aware of your life goal and direct your existence towards the path most likely to provide you with the satisfaction of the work accomplished.
Numerology is mainly carried by two capital data: the path of life and the personal year. The life path calculation involves your date of birth (day, month and year of birth). It is therefore an immutable, fixed and absolute constant. It will tell you about your life purpose, your aptitudes, your character tendencies, etc. The personal year is calculated from your date of birth (day and month, without the year) and the current year. So it's a variable that changes every year. It tells you about your place in the 9-year cycle and therefore helps you identify your life path for the current year. Since the democratization of the web, the use of free numerology services has exploded, gradually becoming part of a more global approach to personal development.
Personal years and their calculation
Just as the movement of the planets affects our existence, the numbers act by more or less strong vibrations and arouse in us actions, feelings and thoughts, whether we are aware of them or not. When important numbers change in our lives (a new address, a new uniform, a new telephone number), our energy is affected with more or less visible repercussions. The transition from one year to the next is one of those regular number changes that bring about a vibrational shift. We all share the influence of this transformation. This is called the “personal year”.
Knowing your progress in the cycle of years will be of great help to you: it will help you to interpret the many changes that occur in the turbulent environment as well as in your interior. Looking at your personal year is like reading the weather report before planning a trip. There is a time to act, a time to temporize. A time to express yourself, then another to explore. There is also a time to withdraw. Unlike the personal path that we will discuss in the next part, the personal year is a variable: its value varies each year. Its calculation is based on three data:
- Your day of birth;
- Your month of birth;
- The current year.
Your year of birth is therefore of no importance in the calculation of your personal year. This major indicator of contemporary numerology is therefore turned towards the present and the short term, unlike the life path which draws a more general sketch of your existence. To calculate your personal year, follow these guidelines:
- Reduce the current year to a single digit by adding the thousands digit to the hundreds, tens and ones digits. You will end up with a two-digit number that will also need to be reduced to a single digit. For the year 2017: 2 + 0 + 1 + 7 = 10. Then: 1 + 0 = 1;
- Reduce your day of birth to a single digit if necessary (if you were born on the 15th, the total will therefore be 5 + 1 = 6);
- Reduce your month of birth to a single digit if necessary (if you were born in December, the total will therefore be: 1 + 2 = 3).
NB: contrary to the calculation of the path of life, that of the personal year does not impose a particular attention on the so-called “master” numbers. The calculation boils down to a simple series of simple additions.
The mathematical logic is implacable: you will end up with a number between 1 and 9. Each corresponds to the personal year of the same number within the framework of a cycle of 9 consecutive years. Each personal year imposes a particular context, brings its share of opportunities to be seized and threats against which it will be a question of protecting oneself. To put the odds in your favor, you must be aware of the meaning of each personal year and its place in the cycle. This is the best way to achieve your goals and to be sure not to go against the grain. Contrary to what can be read on certain clairvoyance or numerology sites, personal years are strictly numbered 9. At this stage, we are not talking about two-digit numbers (master numbers) as for life paths .
Life paths: our path of destiny
The "life path" number holds a prominent place in numerological calculations. The path of life is a fundamental, immutable, fixed and definitive data. As for the personal year, the life path is calculated from the day and month of birth, to which we add not the current year but the year of birth of the person. The life path therefore depends exclusively on the date of birth of the person. Numerologists consider that the path of life corresponds to our path of destiny. It highlights the potentialities and opportunities of the life of its holder. The calculation of the life path depends on the numerological system that one chooses:
- The Pythagorean system, in reference to Pythagoras, assigns a number to each of the letters of the Western alphabet, from 1 to 9. Pythagorean is widely considered to be the default system of contemporary numerology. For Pythagoras, everything is explained (or explicable) by numbers. The eponymous system was developed by combining Hebrew mystical knowledge, Indian Gurus literature and Western mathematics;
- The Kabbalah system is comparable to the first but relies on a 22-digit numerological table;
- The Chaldean system, considered to be the most accurate, is based on the person's date of birth and name.
Contemporary numerology uses the Hebrew numeral alphabet of kabbalistic gematria. The calculation of the life path according to the Pythagorean system is simple. It is enough, as for the personal year, to proceed to successive additions with however some instructions to respect:
- You must first add separately each digit of each of the elements that make up your date of birth (the day, the month and the date of birth);
- Warning: if one of the three sub-totals formed results in a Master Number (11, 22 or 33), do not reduce it. Thus, the 11 does not become a "2", the 22 does not become a “4” and the 33 does not become a “6”;
- Finally, sum the three sub-totals (day, month and year of birth) and add the two digits of the result to arrive at your life path (unless you come across an 11, a 22 or a 33 which are master numbers corresponding to proper life paths).
The most common error is to add the three elements (day, month and year of birth) at once. This approach risks giving you a biased life path. By combining the lessons of your life path with the information you will have learned from your personal year, you will then have all the cards in hand to achieve your life goal.